[mythtv-users] How to output to Standard TV

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Feb 22 22:55:17 UTC 2010

> It appears to have a s-video connector, but there are two pics of the
back plane with different setups and "Product appearance may vary" -

> The specs aren't too clear on the connectors either.

> Sometimes nvidia cards have a modified s-video socket. It has more
than the usual number of pins. The normal s-video pins provide an
s-video signal and you use the usual s-video cable. The extra pins
provide component via a break out cable (the other end is the familiar
three rca plugs for component). Whether this card has this feature,
and whether it will work in linux, is unknown to me.

The pics of the versions shown all detail a 9 pin break out S-Video connector - which are good for composite, S-Video and Component
with the correct box.  (Pick any one only)