[mythtv-users] mythtvosd scroller message disappears to soon

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Mon Feb 22 19:16:31 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 08:26:48AM -0800, Bob Diss wrote:

> I use the mythtvosd command to display weather alert messages. Since
> going to MythTV 0.22 the full text of the message is not displayed.
> It starts to scroll across the screen, but fades out long before the
> entire text has been shown. Any idea what's going on?
>
> I'm using the blue-abstract-wide template. A typical invocation
> of the mythtvosd command from my script would be "mythtvosd
> --bcastaddr=127.0.0.1 --udpport=6948 --template=scroller
> --scroll_text='Weather alert text from Geo::WeatherNOAA'".

There is a setting in the preferences that configures how long OSD
messages stay on. That setting affects OSD messages generated by
mythtvosd, if I remember correctly.

Look for the setting in "Playback OSD", I think (sorry, don't have
access to a frontend to look for the exact location).

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-