[mythtv-users] Tuner opinions?

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Mon Feb 22 17:21:22 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 04:41:00PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:

[...]

> Be aware that the HDHR can receive ant OTA channels, but only
> unencrypted QAM from a cable system, and those offerings are
> disappearing fast, usually only local stations and a few shopping
> channels and perhaps C-SPAN.

And my experience with this (TimeWarner cable, in my case) is that the
video quality of the unencrypted QAM is very bad compared to the quality
of the same channels received over-the-air. It would seem like the cable
company does something with those channels, like compress them more.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-