[mythtv-users] Jamu is not updating mythconverg

Stephen Tan stan at stanandliz.net
Mon Feb 22 11:08:50 UTC 2010

On 22 February 2010 02:47, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 2/21/2010 17:16, Stephen Tan wrote:
>>
>> I can confirm that Jamu did move the file. However, it did not modify
>> the mythconverg record. Very odd but in keeping with what's happening
>> to me!
>>

> Try this patch.  It should commit by default at the end of the transaction,
> rather than rollback.

Aha - well - I'll set the patch up in a moment. Many thanks for that!

Just so the list knows - I tracked down the problem which was not due
to Jamu at all, but to Python's interface to Mysql rolling back my
transaction. I run innodb as my default Mysql engine and not myisam.
Innodb is transactional while MyIsam is not.

I did get around this problem by converting the relevant tables, ie:

videometadata
videocategory
videometadatacast
videometadatagenre

to MyISAM which worked around the problem. It's strange as I'm sure
there must be others out there using innodb as Jamu as well.

in any case, thanks for the patch. I'll set it up now.

Regards

Stephen