[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Dropouts

Douglas Choma doug at polaritylabs.com
Mon Feb 22 01:24:38 UTC 2010

On 2/18/10 2:30 PM, greg wrote:
> Douglas Choma wrote:

>>> I am running trunk and have been since the HDPVR became available. I
>>> don't experience the problems you are seeing.. My setup is pretty
>>> stable.. I compared my setup to yours and they are very similar...
>>> I am running a newer version of Myth,plus a different version of QT...
>>> The only problem I've had with the HDPVR was it was switching
>>> nodes,but with the help of a few people on here I got that working...
>>> OS Ubuntu 9.10 Nvidia 195.36.03
>>>
>>> MythTV Version   : 23567
>>> MythTV Branch    : trunk
>>> Network Protocol : 56
>>> Library API      : 0.23.20100212-1
>>> QT Version       : 4.5.2
>>> Options compiled in:
>>> linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb
>>> using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
>>> using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
>>> using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
>>> using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
>>> using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg
>>
>> Thanks Greg,
>>
>> Are you running any patches against trunk?  I noticed the wiki still
>> mentions "recommended" patches, which I've applied.  It sounds like I
>> might just need to purge everything and do a clean build.
>>
>> Which version of the v4l-dvb drivers are you working with?
>>

> No, I have don't have any patches installed ..Since I moved to Ubuntu
> 9.10 the driver just works...

Anybody have advice for other things to try debugging?  This is driving
me nuts.  :-(

I did a clean build on both the backend and the frontend from trunk,
which seems to have cured the segfaults on my frontend.  But I still get
the audio errors when I change channels on LiveTV.  The video changes
fine, but the audio is missing after a channel change.  If I exit LiveTV
and go back, everything tunes in without error.  So it's only switching
from one stream to another that causes problems.

I'm using the latest firmware, the most current driver, and myth trunk
(23578).  This problem never occurred until the 0.22 branch went
mainstream.  I had been using the 0.22 trunk with HD-PVR without issue.

The frontend goes bezerk with these errors when I change channels...
###
audio stream changed
AO: Using resampler. From: 88200 to 192000
Opening audio device 'default'. ch 2(1) sr 192000 (reenc 0)
Opening ALSA audio device 'default'.
AFD Error: Unknown audio decoding error
[aac @ 0x7ff558ffeb20]Error decoding AAC frame header.
AFD Error: Unknown audio decoding error
[aac @ 0x7ff558ffeb20]Not evaluating a further program_config_element as
this construct is dubious at best.
[aac @ 0x7ff558ffeb20]channel element 1.5 is not allocated
audio stream changed
AO: Using resampler. From: 24000 to 192000
Opening audio device 'default'. ch 2(1) sr 192000 (reenc 0)
Opening ALSA audio device 'default'.
AFD Error: Unknown audio decoding error
[aac @ 0x7ff558ffeb20]Error decoding AAC frame header.
AFD Error: Unknown audio decoding error
[aac @ 0x7ff558ffeb20]channel element 3.0 is not allocated
audio stream changed
AO: Using resampler. From: 7350 to 192000
Opening audio device 'default'. ch 2(1) sr 192000 (reenc 0)
Opening ALSA audio device 'default'.
AFD Error: Unknown audio decoding error
[aac @ 0x7ff558ffeb20]Error decoding AAC frame header.
AFD Error: Unknown audio decoding error