[mythtv-users] Changing Backend from Localhost to IP

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 21:31:57 UTC 2010

On 02/21/2010 you wrote:

>You can not have 127.0.0.1 /anywhere/ in the MythTV configuration if you
>have more than one host involved. Therefore, change the master backend
>IP address to the real (routable) address of the master backend. Then,
>on /every/ host, change the "this" backend IP address to the real
>(routable) address of the current host (this on the master backend /and/
>the remote frontends/backends).
>
>Also, you'll likely want a real hostname for the master backend (as well
>as all remote hosts), so change the localhost.localdomain to something
>more appropriate.
>
>All of the above is in your 1. above. If you do that, 2. won't need
>changing (or, at the least, when it automatically prompts you for the
>information on startup, just type in the same values you used in
>mythtv-setup for the hostname and IP addresses).
>
>Mike

Thanks,

Just to make sure I understand correclty, should I change the hostname
on the computer to something real and follow
first, then go into mythtv setup and on the combined fe/be do:

Mythtv Setup
General
Host Address Backend Setup

Local Backend (localhost.localdomain)
IP Address (change to static ip of combined fe/be)

Master Backend
IP Address (already set to static ip of combined fe/be)

I don't understand at what point it creates a new hostname in the
settings table.

Thanks again,

Mark