[mythtv-users] KDL52XBR9 display problems

seth isernhagen sisernhagen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 20:39:36 UTC 2010

Hello Geniuses

I'm trying to setup a sony KDL52XBR9 and I am having some problems figuring
out what to put in the xorg.conf file.  The EDID didnt have the correct
information and this resulted in the screen image being way larger than
the monitor size. I have fixed this issue by adding these lines to
xorg.conf:

Option "ModeValidation" "NoEdidModes"
Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "TRUE"
Option  "DPI" "42x43"

These changes made the screen fit perfectly but now I'm getting a
"Non-recommended signal. Please check output device." message displayed
by the tv.

I'm pretty sure that inserting a modeline would fix this problem but I
cant figure out what values to put in the modeline generator. I know the
resolutuion is 1920x1080 and the refresh rate is 240hz.

I've spent 2 full days trying to figure this out.  Anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks!

This is my current xorg.conf -

# nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings
# nvidia-settings:  version 1.0  (buildd at crested)  Sun Feb  1 20:25:37 UTC
2009
# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 1.0  (buildmeister at builder58)  Fri Aug 14
18:33:37 PDT 2009

Section "Monitor"
Identifier     "Monitor0"
VendorName     "Unknown"
ModelName      "SONY TV XV"
HorizSync       15.0 - 240
VertRefresh     58.0 - 240
Option         "DPMS"
Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "TRUE"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier     "Screen0"
Device         "Device0"
Monitor        "Monitor0"
Option         "DPI" "42x43"
#Option         "TwinView" "0"
#Option         "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Modes     "1920x1080"
Depth       24
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Module"
Load "glx"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier     "Mouse0"
Driver         "mouse"
Option         "Protocol" "auto"
Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier     "Keyboard0"
Driver         "kbd"
# generated from default
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier     "Layout0"
Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier     "Device0"
VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
BoardName      "GeForce 9600 GT"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "NoLogo" "True"
Option "ModeValidation" "NoEdidModes"
Option      "ModeValidation" "AllowNon60HzDFPModes,NoHorizSyncCheck"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
Option         "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection