[mythtv-users] Comcast Digital transition Denver

Tim Ashman tim at ashmans.net
Sun Feb 21 16:55:32 UTC 2010

On Sunday 21 February 2010 08:47:31 am Tom Dexter wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> > On Sunday 21 February 2010 08:23:43 am Tim Ashman wrote:
> >

> > Back in the 1930s there was the "Great Divorce", when the movie studios
> > were forbidden to own theaters. Good idea, but somehow the link between
> > the media producers and the distribution mechanism has re-established
> > itself.
>
> Not only that, but Sony is in the movie business _and_ somehow also
> manages to call all the shots on the future of home entertainment
> hardware.
>
> I swear...I think our current "democracy" will ultimately end with one
> corporation in each business sector, if not one corporation running
> all of them.
>
> Tom

As long as money is allowed to influence outcomes this is the only place we
can end up.  Combining the desire to have ones way with the ability to
purchase that way and there can be no other outcome.

The biggest problem in my opinion is that each industry seems to pickoff small
little pieces that go unnoticed or more to the point don't upset enough
people that the small minority that "get it" look to be parnoid, or overly
sensitive and maybe even conspiracy prone.  The problem is once all the
little pieces are put together it is too late.

tim