[mythtv-users] live TV problem

Nikolay Elenkov nick at sun.cims.jp
Sun Feb 21 03:18:02 UTC 2010

On 02/20/10 23:59, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Nikolay Elenkov wrote:
>> On 02/19/10 11:41, Nikolay Elenkov wrote:
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
> If it's looking for 'Nextchannel 0', that must be the value in the
> frequid field in the channel table in the database, ie there's data in
> there that shouldn't be.

Thank you for your reply. That's the first thing I thought but there is
no such thing in the DB:

mysql> select freqid from channel;
+--------+
| freqid |
+--------+
| 1      |
| 3      |
| 4      |
| 6      |
| 8      |
| 10     |
| 12     |
| 14     |
+--------+

That is still a mystery, but I found out the bigger problem:
for some reason my card wouldn't tune on if set to ntsc-jp.
Setting it to ntsc works, but that's strange because it used to
work with ntsc-jp (I am in Japan). I guess something in the bttv
module/options changed. Will look into it, but at least it is
(fairly) usable now.

Btw, is there a way to use two frequency ranges at the same time?
I have channel both in japan-bcast and japan-cable. Will using the
actual frequency instead of channel number work?

I cannot control the volume from Mythtv, but that's another story...