[mythtv-users] Question about mythrename.pl

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 20 18:57:27 UTC 2010

On 02/20/2010 12:12 PM, Harry Devine wrote:
> I just ran mythrename.pl to get the human-readable names to show up.
> They are now @ /storage/recordings/show_names by default on my system,
> linked back to the proper Myth filenames.  If I delete a show after I
> watch it, will the symlink get deleted as well, or will I have to
> manually go in and remove them?  Not a big deal if I do, just
> wondering what to expect.

mythrename.pl deletes (all) the symlinks under the view directory
(/storage/recordings/show_names) each time it runs.

Perhaps of interest:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23474
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23479

You should be able to download the new mythlink.pl and use it with
MythTV 0.22, if you'd like.

Mike