[mythtv-users] Comcast Digital transition Denver

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 18:18:19 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
<SNIP>

> We all hope, but the problem is no matter how much money Google manages to
> amass, they will not be able to outspend the RIAA/MPAA types.
>
> Of course no matter how "non-evil" Google might be, experience has shown that
> they will eventually be taken over by the evil forces.
<SNIP>

And just a few days of 'Google-profit' is enough to buy off every
Senator for the next election, but even Google is small fry when
compared to the Chinese government now being allowed to _invest_ as
much money as it wants to in U.S. elections to help us 'choose' which
elected representatives we want. After all - corporations have
protected Free Speach rights also, right, and there are Chinese
corporations operating in the U.S. today, so...?

But of course, the U.S. is so in debt to China that maybe we should
let them decide what we do here. After all, we don't seem to be doing
such a great job on our own...

My apologies to non-U.S. readers of this list, but don't worry. We'll
be gone pretty soon, victims of our own making, and then you'll be
left to ask 'What's next?' and get to deal with the consequences while
I struggle with Mandarin & Cantonese lessons here in California...

- Mark