[mythtv-users] 2 Q: PSU for atom MB? Bluetooth remote?

Keith Pyle kpyle at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 20 02:30:21 UTC 2010

>> Well its not too late I have not bought it yet.
>> But I need a MB with a PCI Slot because I plan to put a good sound
>> card in that (good means almost hifi). This is the only one I found
>> having a PCI slot.
>>

> The Casetronic 299 case I bought from Logic Supply has an external
> brick feeding 12V to the case and an adapter to plug into a standard
> 20/24 pin power plug. Others are available
> Good solid case, not fancy and reasonably priced considering it
> includes the brick and adapter.
> Geoff

If your chosen motherboard has an ATX power connector, look at the
PicoPSU line (at http://www.mini-box.com, http://www.logicsupply.com).
This is a very small power supply board mounted on top of an ATX plug.
It takes 12 VDC input, so you will need an external power brick.  The
PicoPSU's range from 60 to 120 W.

As an aside, the M350 cases are very nice for a fanless system.
However, they are not large enough to allow use of a regular PCI slot.

Keith