[mythtv-users] cut HD-PVR content with audio/video sync issues

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 21:37:53 UTC 2010

Playing around a bit, I am more puzzled.

I processed two HD-PVR recordings without cutlists through Avidemux 2.5.2.
They had identical video and audio codecs. 720p h264 and 2ch AC3.
I just opened each file in Avidemux, opted for re-building

I&B frames and saved in avi. One had no problem, the second one had audio/video sync.

Then I found this earlier post:
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2009-June/258659.html

The key statement is:
>In my experience, the avidemux hack only
>works reliably on 6-channel AC3 audio. It dies completely on AAC and the
>audio get cut at random points on 2-channel AC3.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I will try to see if I can get Avidemux to process a video with 5.1 AC3
without the audio/video sync issue.