[mythtv-users] How to output to Standard TV

Alan Walls Alan.Walls at trimble.co.nz
Thu Feb 18 22:34:52 UTC 2010

Connecting the D-SUB to SCART may be an option.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/RGB_Scart.

This works with mixed success on my Zotac Ion frontend.  The boot
screens don't appear because my older TV doesn't like VGA resolutions.
The screen only appears once linux changes the resolution to match the
TV.  My TV also has trouble with the horizontal lines in lots of the
mythtv dialogs, it tends to make them shimmer.

All in all, I'm happy with this solution until I'm allowed to replace
the TV :-).