[mythtv-users] How to output to Standard TV

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 22:34:26 UTC 2010

> I don't know if video cards with SCART connectors are available, certainly
> they are not here in the USA, Europeans could probably tell you better on that
> score.

I've never been totally clear what TV manufacturers mean when they
refer to having a SCART connector?

My Panasonic TV has two SCART connectors.  One contains RGB and
S-Video inputs, the other Composite and S-Video.

Anyway, I'm using the S-Video output from an NVidia graphics card,
using a standard lead which has a SCART connector on one end and
S-Video and phono plugs on the other.  You can also buy SCART to RGB
cables easily enough, if your graphics card has RGB outputs.