[mythtv-users] cut HD-PVR content with audio/video sync issues

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 22:18:42 UTC 2010

>    I am not using the automated script for lossless HDPVR cuts but I do
>use Avidemux to manually make lossless cuts. I have to use a compiled
>version of Avidemux rather than the one packaged with Ubuntu. I have no
>luck with Ubuntu's Avidemux 2.5.x package and am still using a compiled
>v2.4.3 (r5256). The reason I compiled was due to issues with audio.

>    I have to save the cut file (video and audio set to copy) as an avi
>and then use ffmpeg to change the container to mkv which also adds the
>seek table. As an added bonus the mkv file is several Mgs smaller.

Thanks a lot, Doug. I have see your post from December as well.

I tried manual editing of the HD-PVR recorded mpg file
in Avidemux 2.5.2 on my Windows machine and that worked quite nice.
I followed the suggestions here:

http://www.raiden.net/articles/review_the_hauppauge_hd-pvr/4/

Worst come worst I can do the editing manually.
However, I was hoping to avoid the manual editing (maybe I am lazy)
and I like the idea of using an automated user job especially since currently Myth
can generate the cutlist quite nicely.

Do you think it is an issue with Avidemux 2.5.x package on Ubuntu 9.10?
Have you tried your compiled version of Avidemux v2.4.3 with the
Robert McNamara's lamlindoro script? Did that have audio sync issues as well?

It would be sweet if we could automate the transcoding/cutting of the HD-PVR recordings.