[mythtv-users] Monitoring frontend activities

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Feb 18 14:06:47 UTC 2010

On 2/18/2010 06:21, David Whyte wrote:
> And the problem with both the python bindings and the frontend socket
> is that you would have to poll for any changes rather than be
> notified.  This could lead to problems if I am polling quite
> vigorously trying to ensure that all events are captured.

Revision 23012 (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23012) saw the
addition of an event system in MythTV that does just this.  You define a
command to be called when various actions are performed.  I did not
suggest this initially because looking at Zabbix, it seems to be set up
to do regular polling rather than be event driven.