[mythtv-users] Missing 'themeinfo.xml' error with MythTV 0.22

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Thu Feb 18 10:57:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Gavin Whitehead
<gavin at alabastercranium.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Note, however, that the theme engine was changed significantly after
>> MythTV 0.21, so for non-OSD themes (bando-blue, perhaps?), it's quite likely
>> that the theme has all sorts of other problems, too.  (I haven't tried it,
>> though, so I can't say for sure.)
>>
>> The OSD theme engine will be completely replaced soon, too (likely after
>> 0.23, but before 0.24).  At that point, the OSD themes will need redone,
>> too.
>>
>> Mike
>
> Mike,
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> So basically the only themes available for MythTV are those that ship with
> it.  There isn't a /thriving/ community of fans producing themes?

The MythUI theme engine was released with MythTV 0.22 less than 3
months ago, and a good theme apparently takes a month or so of work.
Entries to the theming competition just closed - hopefully there's
some good ones in there (I've only seen reference on the lists to 3
entrants, but one hopes there's others!).

Other than those themes which come with MythTV 0.22 (Terra, Mythbuntu
and Graphite are the only complete ones, IIRC), there's:

Blue Abstract
Arclight (only works with trunk, not 0.22)
BandO.

To the best of my knowledge, the above listed 6 themes are the only
(more or less complete) ones available for 0.22+.

- Chris