[mythtv-users] Avenard, mythbuntu, nVidia 195 drivers, HDMI audio - lost day

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:00:53 UTC 2010

Hi

On 17 February 2010 18:02, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Assuming that I follow with the apt-get install libvdpau1 step that you have
> next, isn't that the cause of some of the issues?  That Ubuntu has released
> updates that supersede the packaged nvidia-185 that you provided, but which
> will still cause the libvdpau1 conflict that prevents users from jumping
> from 185 to 190 or 195?

It's not so much an issue on what version of the nvidia drivers you
are using, but how they are packaged...

the libvdpau package was part of the nvidia drivers before ; with my
repo , this is not the case.

Note that Ubuntu 10.04 or the weekly mythbuntu repository are now
packaging libvdpau the same way I do ; so if you are upgrading your
existing 185.xx drivers from the standard ubuntu repo to the 185.xx
drivers in my repo or the one in mythbuntu weekly you'll have the same
problem.

However, if you are upgrading from 185.xx from ubuntu standard repo,
to 190.x or 195.x from my repo or mythbuntu weekly : then you'll not
have this issue of a conflicting package...

185.xx were crap anyway :)
Jean-Yves