[mythtv-users] upgrade Fedora 9 to 12?

Scott Kidder kidder.scott at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 01:23:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> if anyone has upgrade incrementally. I could just dive in and go F9 ->
> F12, or increment through the versions. Preupgrade has never worked for
> me, but I've just had success doing a yum upgrade.

I recently upgraded from Fedora 9 to 12, but it involved making a backup of
the MythTV database and relevant files, then formatting the boot disk with
the Fedora 12 installer.  The primary reason for a clean installation was
that I wanted to switch from the 32-bit release to the 64-bit release.
 Also, an incremental upgrade (9->10, 10->11, 11->12) would take a very long
time and is very prone to error.

I recommend a clean install.  Oh, and be careful that you don't accidentally
erase your recordings in the process :)

--
Scott Kidder