[mythtv-users] x264 suttering

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Feb 16 19:02:24 UTC 2010

On Tue, February 16, 2010 6:56 pm, Graham Mitchell wrote:
>> I agree the Broadcom unit should be very efficient, but of course it
>> will
> also
>> require a standard video card of some sort, so it's power draw would
>> need
>> be considered as well.
>
> True, but I think in this application, the graphics are built into the
> motherboard. The slight fly in the ointment for the Broadcom, is that it
> needs a mini PCIe slot, so you will need an adapter card, as well as a
> newer
> Atom board with a PCIe slot that can be adapted - tho I think there is
> something on the newer of the newer boards akin to a header that can be
> used?

The mobo I have has a PCI slot.  So I'm pretty limited to a half-height
nvidia card ATM.

I've found some intel tweaks that may help (the stuttering is so minor
that if I can tweak maybe 5% more performance out of the system it will
work.)

Also, since the 330 is a dual CPU, if the newest myth uses ffmpeg-mt, I
may be able to use that.

--
If you have eight hours to chop down a tree
spend six sharpening your axe.