[mythtv-users] upgrade Fedora 9 to 12?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Feb 16 18:35:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:52 AM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> F12 wants about 300Meg for /boot. I used 50 iirc on F6 through F8 and 75 Meg
> for F10. On this desktop (F12) I dropped /boot. It was easier all round.

nb: the reason for the relatively hefty /boot is to make Fedora's
pre-upgrade utility viable. pre-upgrade needs enough space to stash an
anaconda image that runs about 175MB or so, iirc, so that plus room
for a few kernels gets you the suggested /boot minimum of 300MB.

Personally, I just yum upgrade from one release to another, rarely
have any significant problems with that route (never any that have
results in a non-functional system). Of course, the older that I get
(and the older my kids get), the more appealing Red Hat Enterprise
Linux looks vs. Fedora. Just don't have time to keep up with Fedora as
much anymore. I heard a rumour that RHEL6 was coming soon...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com