[mythtv-users] jamu problems

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Tue Feb 16 14:29:38 UTC 2010

David,
    Well you seem to have a found an error in the IMDB python library or
the data it retrieves. I have made a patch for the section of offending
jamu code and am hoping you can try it out as the problem will only
occur on the specific "Movie" you have either scheduled or recorded. On
top of that the issue will be specific to your EPG data.

Patch see: http://mythtv.pastebin.ca/1798375
Copy the contents of the pastebin and save it to a file named
"jamu_david_kramer.patch"

To apply the patch (after taking a back up copy of your current jamu.py):
 > cd "/where ever jamu is path"
 > patch -p0 < "/where ever you downloaded the patch
path/jamu_david_kramer.patch"

After applying the patch to Jamu please run from the command line:

 > /where ever jamu is path/jamu.py -MWV > /tmp/jamutest.log 2&>1

Then pastebin the contents of "/tmp/jamutest.log" and add the pastebin
link to a reply on the mailing list.

There is a chance running Jamu with a different account than the
Mythbuntu cron jobs may fail due to a missing "~/.mythtv/config.xml"
file. If that is the case either link the mythtv account's config.xml
file into your own "~/.mythtv" directory or just add the "-MWV" option
to the hourly cronjob you already have.

Assuming this patch works it will be submitted and eventually will be
included into the Mythbuntu daily updates. In the mean time you should
not get those annoying messages. You should also remove the -b option
and return the cronjob back to the way it was before your modifications.
If for some reason the daily updates remove the patch you can always
re-apply it.

Doug