[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV MCE Remote Kit

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 19:57:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au> wrote:

>>> Excellent, thanks for the clear and concise response - I think I'll buy one!
>>
>> Hmmm, as an alternative experience, I had one and it worked some times
>> and not others.  I found evidence of similar experiences of others in
>> google, but their fixes didn't work for me.
>>
>> I've subsequently purchased an aim remote and the IR part of that has
>> worked well for me.  It also includes a remote, but my Hauppauge remote
>> is nicer, so we use this instead.  (It's nice to have a spare, so we
>> won't lose the main one ;-])
>
> Where do people get all their broken stuff from? :)
>
> I have three mceusb transceivers, all work perfectly fine, send and
> receive, with a wide variety of remote and blaster configs.

The thing about LIRC is that there are quite a few out dated but well
written walk-throughs on the internet.

And the LIRC homepage has this horrifying background image / watermark
making it hurt to attempt to read.

The reason the walk-throughs are out of date is that you (Jarod) and
others on the LIRC project are moving so fast that each iteration
makes pretty significant changes.

This is all my observation.

Lirc was a big PITA when I first set it up in 2006 - It's much easier
now, by far.

-JohnnyJboss