[mythtv-users] ACPI configuration

George george.news at gmx.net
Mon Feb 15 08:48:12 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I had my mythtv working properly with mythwelcome and mythshutdown
(ACPI). However the other day I did something wrong and my database got
corrupted. I'm running mythubuntu 9.10

This weekend I have reinstall and now the computer is not rebooting on
alarms. Attached are the configuration files.

When I run the manual commands to test the configuration:

$sudo sh -c "echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm"
$sudo sh -c "echo `date '+%s' -d '+ 5 minutes'` >
/sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm"
$cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
$

The last cat command should return a value, but it is not returning
anything.

When I run
$cat /proc/driver/rtc
rtc_time	: 01:20:00
rtc_date	: 2010-02-15
alrm_time	: 01:24:25
alrm_date	: ****-**-15
alarm_IRQ	: no
alrm_pending	: no
24hr		: yes
periodic_IRQ	: no
update_IRQ	: no
HPET_emulated	: yes
DST_enable	: no
periodic_freq	: 1024
batt_status	: okay

It seems that the alaram IRQ is not set.

The /var/log/messages shows the ACPI is possible. And as I said I had it
up an running one day before.

rtc_cmos 00:03: RTC can wake from S4
rtc_cmos 00:03: rtc core: registered rtc_cmos as rtc0
rtc0: alarms up to one month, y3k, 114 bytes nvram, hpet irqs

I also have added the hpet=disable to /etc/default/grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash hpet=disable"

Any ideas?

FILES:

/etc/default/rcS
--------------------------------
TMPTIME=0
SULOGIN=no
DELAYLOGIN=no
#UTC=yes
UTC=no
VERBOSE=no
FSCKFIX=no
HWCLOCKACCESS=no
--------------------------------

/etc/init/hwclock-save.conf
--------------------------------
description	"save system clock to hardware clock"

start on runlevel [06]

task

script
     . /etc/default/rcS
     [ "$UTC" = "yes" ] && tz="--utc" || tz="--localtime"
     [ "$BADYEAR" = "yes" ] && badyear="--badyear"
     if [ "$HWCLOCKACCESS" != "no" ]; then
        exec hwclock --rtc=/dev/rtc0 --systohc $tz --noadjfile $badyear
     fi
end script