[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR /dev/video device missing

Justin Dunn jd2660 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 14 22:07:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

I installed a Hauppauge HD-PVR and it appears to work great when
installed under Windows but I can't get it to work under Gentoo Linux.

I've tried the module for it with the kernel gentoo-sources versions
2.6.30-r6 and 2.6.31-21 but I don't get any /dev/video device when I
load the hdpvr module (Doesn't help if I compile it into the kernel
either).
I read the mythtv wiki page on the HD-PVR but it didn't have any information on this problem.

I posted this question to the Gentoo Forums (http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-812574.html) and to the Mythtv Talk forums (http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/hardware/12761-hauppauge-hd-pvr-dev-video-device-missing.html#post50507) but have not got an answer.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to make it work?

Justin