[mythtv-users] Master backend thinks manually awoken slave is still sleeping

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Feb 14 06:03:15 UTC 2010

* On Sun Feb 14, 2010 at 04:53:49PM +1100, Christopher Kerr wrote:
> > So, your slave backend's sleep status should be changed to either Awake or
> > Undefined when it connects to the master whether it is started manually or
> > automatically by the master.
>
> Is there a level of logging verbosity that will let me see those
> changes being made?

No, there isn't much to that code, so no VERBOSE calls in it.  I can supply
a debugging patch to add some if necessary.

> I'm running the a version of trunk about 3 days old, should I try updating?

If you can try that or just make the change I gave manually above.  It should
merge in OK when you update later.

If you're comfortable modifying code, you could add some VERBOSE calls in
around that line I mentioned modifying.  Also, in encoderlink.cpp in the
same directory, you could add some to EncoderLink::SetSocket() in the top
part of the 'if' statement that gets run when lsock is non-NULL.  If not,
I'll try to reply tomorrow with a patch to add some to try to help track this
down.  I thought I tested this scenario when coding up the sleeping slaves
patch, but can give it another test on my dev system as well if necessary.

--
Chris