[mythtv-users] Program not found in PAT!

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 23:33:11 UTC 2010

On 12 February 2010 15:44, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> My big beef is, when this happens the back end seems to make a song and
> dance about it. That's a channel on one of the BBC multiplexes, and the
> recording I lost (on that occasion) was scheduled for Film 4, a different
> multiplex.

A timing problem perhaps, or the tuner getting stuck? This might be
one for a dev to look into further if it is a repeatable issue.

> When it happens, it seems to tie up the tuner, and the scheduler isn't
> flexible enough to find another tuner to use for the next recording. I have
> currently two DVB-T tuners with two virtual tuners each, so it should be
> possible.

Perhaps only enable active EIT scanning on your second tuner, and use
passive scanning on the first. This way, the preferred tuner will be
available and not tied up with EIT scanning.

> This affects a channel that's not of interest to the scheduler. Why should
> it break everything? Perhaps the error handling could be more forgiving?

Again, I'm unable to answer that. I will add that I see a lot of the
"Program not found in PAT" errors on my DVB-S source (on a 0.22-fixes
machine), and this hasn't stopped any recordings.

> Is this some special problem we have because the BBCi channels come and go?

The channel details are probably always in the PAT even if they are
not broadcasting at that time (maybe stuarta could give a definitive
answer here as I'm just guessing).

Cheers,
Nick

--