[mythtv-users] Dishnetwork compatible ir blaster

Jeff Artz jeffa.myth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 19:37:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Calvin Harrigan <charriglists at bellsouth.net
> wrote:

> After spending a while going through the archives, I've reluctantly
> decided to ask.  Is anyone out there using a commercial blaster to
> control dishnetwork receivers with relative success?  I've been using a
> homebrew blaster for the last few years, been working great.  Only
> misses a few times a year.  Lately, like within the last month or so, I
> seem to be missing more than half of the channel changes. Power seems to
> control fine, but channel changes have taken a nose dive.  All the
> components in the circuit check.  Any one have any opinions/experience
> with the following controlling a 56Khz dishnetwork receiver?

Calvin,

  I have been using a home-brew Buffered serial blaster with 3 eyes to
control 3 Dish receivers since my beginnings in Mythtv.  I have a Dish 508
PVR, a 3800 and a 3900.  My 3800 and 3900 are set to 40000 hz and work
flawlessly, and my 508 is currently set to 56000 hz.  I'd almost be willing
to bet setting it to 40khz like the 3800/3900 would work fine, as the same
remote control works on all 3 receivers if I just change the 'code set' on
the remote.

  You may also try increasing the "min_repeat" - although I have been able
to get flawless channel changes with  it just set to '2'.

J-e-f-f-A