[mythtv-users] Comcast Digital transition Denver

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 12 16:47:30 UTC 2010

On Friday 12 February 2010 09:36:33 am Ben Kamen wrote:

> Not to sound ligitious, BUT....
>
> If their website says "HD" in conjuction with "free" and lacking "need box"
>  and they're now restricting access to HD content (OTA) contrary to what
>  their website says, you should print that page, date it and send it to a
>  lawyer.

Send it to a lawyer along with a large check, at least with the lawyers I
know.

Forwarding it to the FCC, or better, the franchising authority or your State's
PUC, might be a better solution.

> They are contradicting their website. I'm sure there's legal ramifications
>  with that.

My local cable company advertises "Free HD", and fails to mention that you
need to rent one of their boxes to receive it. I think they are trying to
differentiate themselves from the satellite companies, with whom you have to
rent the receiver and pay an additional HD programming fee, but it's hard to
find copy writers who are literate these days, the years of "spelling and
grammar don't count" primary education are catching up with us.

Cable companies contradicting themselves is hardly anything new, but I think
it's mostly a lack of communication skills.