[mythtv-users] Comcast Digital transition Denver

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Feb 12 16:28:43 UTC 2010

On 2/11/10 11:54 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 19:23 -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering when they will "upgrade" Fort Collins, sounds like they are
>> getting close.
>
> Here in Louisville (CO), it will be the 29th of March. I just got my
> letter yesterday. Of course it is completely devoid of any details I
> need to know, such as what digital channels my HDHomerun will be able to
> pick up. May be time to get another HD-PVR.

I just last night got off the phone with Comcast about this very topic.
In my region, the only signals sent in-the-clear now are SD versions of
local channels. If you want certain sub-channels you need a (free) DTA.
If you want any HD at all, you need to rent a Motorola box.

This is despite their web site, which says, "If you wish to keep access
to broadcast HD channels, you can continue to receive the Limited Basic
channels (including broadcast HD) without Comcast equipment; however,
Expanded Basic channels or higher channel tiers would not be
accessible." That's basically a lie.

http://digitalnow.comcast.com/FAQs.aspx?map=all_faq_map