[mythtv-users] Legibility from the sofa

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 12:26:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 5:25 AM, Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> wrote:
> In article
> <877e3bc61002110512n31213b78ra05799d0cce9c8a9 at mail.gmail.com>, Ryan
> patterson wrote:
>> Did you know that there are four different view options for the
>> mythvideo "Watch Videos" screen?  The "three column" view is only one
>> of the choices.
>
> I tried the others before, and gave them another quick go last night.
> The text doesn't seem to be any larger, and valuable screen real-estate
> is wasted on decorative but unhelpful question marks.

I suggest you input some metadata for your videos.  Adding coverart
pictures will make the question marks go away.  Also TV episode
metadata will be displayed with separate fields for show title,
episode number, episode sub-title, etc. (of coarse this is theme
dependent).

Check out the jamu.py script for help with updating metadata for lots of videos.

-Ryan