[mythtv-users] Any way to tell which tuner card might be bad?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Feb 12 05:16:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 07:58:24PM -0700, Bob wrote:
> f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> >    > Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 09:42:57 +0000
> >    > From: John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net>
> >
> >    > I agree.  I had looked in the DB tables for this, without
> >success.  Now     > that so many multi-tuner systems are out there
> >it looks like something     > worth having.
> I am chiming in late, but I use my backend logs.  I typically have
> at least a week of logs:
>
> 2010-02-07 16:25:03.207 Started recording: NFL Football "Super Bowl
> XLIV: Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints": channel 3051 on
> cardid 3, sourceid 3

    I have captions burned into my recordings (hdpvr) so I can tell which
recording came from which recorder (I have). Another approach I had taken
before was to have different channel numbers with one prefix for one
recorder and another one for the other one. I had an HDPVR running off of
a SD reciever for awhile. So I actually did have different lineups there
to account for the fact that one tuner could deal with HD channels and
the other couldn't.

[deletia]

    Ideally, it would be possible and straightforward to associate recordings
with whatever device and input they were recorded from.