[mythtv-users] Dishnetwork compatible ir blaster

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 12 02:06:58 UTC 2010

<snip>
> Are you by chance using a vip211 receiver?  There was a firmware
> update back in November that caused some people, including me,
> problems for channel changing.

I still using a 311 receiver.  I saw something on the link you provided,
gonnna give it a try.

#!/bin/sh

transmit() {
#irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_ONCE dish $1
irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_START dish $1
sleep .1
irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_STOP dish $1
sleep .1
}

(
# Send the "down" button in case the receiver is tuned to an unsubscribed
# channel, in which case it will only respond to an up or down arrow.
transmit down

# Send the "select" button in case the receiver has recently downloaded
# the nightly program guide or whatever.
transmit select

# Send the digits one by one.
for digit in `echo $1 | sed 's/\(.\)/\1 \n/g'` ; do
transmit $digit
done

# Send "select" to commit the channel change now instead of
# waiting for the timeout.
transmit select

# Send "cancel" to clear the on-screen display.
transmit cancel
) &