[mythtv-users] Zotac ION + HDMI audio

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:22:37 UTC 2010

I forgot to mention that I'm using nvidia drivers 190.53 from the
nvidia website.

Phusion

I'm using a Zotac C-U and here is mine.

# aplay -L
front:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 Analog
surround41:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 Analog
surround50:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 Analog
surround51:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 Analog
surround71:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 Analog
iec958:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 Digital
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, NVIDIA HDMI
    HDMI Audio Output
null

There are 2 places you need to turn this on. One is in the BIOS and the
other is to compile the option into the kernel.
This has nothing to do with which nvidia drivers you are running.

MarcT