[mythtv-users] Legibility from the sofa

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Feb 10 22:08:54 UTC 2010

Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> says:
> Help! What can people recommend? What's the best "12 foot"
> configuration?

I've faced the same issue for the more than four years I've used
MythTV; it seems like most themes are designed by people who sit much
closer to the screen and us and so don't need a true "10 feet
interface." At least the configurability is much, much better now;
before 0.22's MythUI conversion, the font-size settings in Appearances
were more or less cruel jokes played on the hapless user, and there
was no "Fine tune font size (%):" option, thus requiring themes be
manually altered.

> We quite like the mythbuntu theme, but if we either can't read it, or
> lose the end of programme names, then it will have to change.

I also use Mythbuntu, in part because the top-menu font sizes are so
large. I am currently using 16, 18, and 25 for font sizes, with a 8%
zoom; any more and I find the times/dates on Watch Recordings get
clipped.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array