[mythtv-users] Recordings back to back show on same channel

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 10 18:08:46 UTC 2010

On 02/10/2010 12:55 PM, Brent Bolin wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Frank Merrill wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Brent Bolin wrote:
>>
>>> Like to record Judge Judy(Better then comic relief).  There are two
>>> shows a day on the same channel
>>>
>>> 4:00-4:30
>>> 4:30-5:00
>>>
>>> Is there a way to record back to back shows like this into a single recording?
>>>
>> One way might be to simply set the first show to record, and then tell
>> the recording rule to record for 30 minutes longer than required.
> Sounds like a winner to me.  Will give it a try.

That will work, but it will prevent the 2nd episode from getting into
your history (meaning duplicate checking won't work for that 2nd
episode).  Also, if dup matching says the first episode was recorded, it
will record the 2nd episode and put the 30-min end late on it (getting
30 mins of some other show).

You could make the "only do a 30 min end late if the show that follows
is also Judge Judy" with a power recording rule/custom rule or even with
multiple normal recording rules, but it still won't help with the dup
matching.

Mike