[mythtv-users] what now

sharifah ummu kulthum kulthum91 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:22:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM, sharifah ummu kulthum
<kulthum91 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Jim Beckett <beckett.jim at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>  sharifah ummu kulthum wrote:
>>
>> i have successfully made my PC detect the tv card by updating my kernel
>> and installing a clean driver of the device.
>>
>> i run the same command to run the script which i downloaded from avermedia
>> site<http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Support/Download.aspx?Type=Software&id=293&tab=APDriver>.
>> i unzip then ran the script. so the driver is successfully installed.
>>
>> Great, disregard my last post!
>>

>> # dmesg
>>
>> this is what i got in the end
>>
>> [ 6828.699051] Linux video capture interface: v2.00
>> [ 6828.727749] AVerMedia USB Wrapper for H826D version 0.28 loaded
>> [ 6828.753866] AVerTV Volar HX AX MAX version 0.10 loaded
>> [ 6828.753901] usbcore: registered new interface driver AVerTV Volar HX AX
>> MAX
>> [ 6877.720032] usb 2-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
>> address 3
>> [ 6878.355154] usb 2-4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
>> [ 6878.663504] A827 registered V4L2 device video0[video]
>> [ 6878.663548] A827 registered V4L2 device vbi0[vbi]
>> [ 6878.663585] A827 registered V4L2 device radio0[radio]
>> [ 6878.664057] A827 registered ALSA sound card 1
>>
>> after that, i wanted to try this device with mythtv but i only realise
>> that my mythtv-setup has been uninstalled. does kernel update got anything
>> to do with this?
>>
>> I'm not sure, have you tried to reinstall the mythtv packages?
>>

>> another thing, i tried to test the device with tvtime as well but i got
>> this instead
>>
>> bitto at bitto:~$ tvtime-scanner --norm=PAL
>> Reading configuration from /etc/tvtime/tvtime.xml
>> Reading configuration from /home/bitto/.tvtime/tvtime.xml
>> Scanning using TV standard PAL.
>> /home/bitto/.tvtime/stationlist.xml: No existing PAL station list
>> "Custom".
>> videoinput: Card failed to allocate capture buffers: Device or resource
>> busy
>>
>> From what I gather from a quick look at this page, tvtime may not work
>> with pvr devices. I can't confirm, but that is what is stated, you'll need
>> to use a different player.
>>
>> http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2006-n the USB Volar HX ( A827 )
>> tuner. Insn the USB Volar HX ( A827 ) tuner. InsMay/000807.html<http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2006-May/000807.html>
>>

>> So, I would now concentrate on getting the mythtv software reinstalled,
>> and if you want to test the card before you do this, you can use something
>> like mplayer, or vlc, to do it.
>>
>> -Jim
>>
>> P.S.  People really appreciate it if you reply at the bottom of the email
>> messages you are responding to. It makes the archived discussions much
>> easier to follow.

>>  Ok. I am now installing mythtv again.

I have tried installed installing the mythtv again but i got this:

bitto at bitto:~$ sudo apt-get install mythtv
[sudo] password for bitto:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  mythtv: Depends: mythtv-backend (= 0.22.0+fixes22594-0ubuntu1) but it is
not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Why?