[mythtv-users] avertv volar ax

Jim Beckett beckett.jim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 07:33:05 UTC 2010

sharifah ummu kulthum wrote:
> another thing, from where did you download the driver
> C038A827H826_Installer_x86_0.10-Beta_091126.zip?
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com
> <mailto:nick.rout at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I can't tell you whether it actually works as I don't have the device.
>     However the module h826d inserts in the kernel without any error
>     message:
>
>     I am on a 386 system so downloaded
>     C038A827H826_Installer_x86_0.10-Beta_091126.zip and unzipped it. I
>     then ran the instruction as per the INSTALL.txt file.

Ummu,

The driver that Nick downloaded is the 32-bit version (x86). He had to
use it because his laptop cannot run the 64-bit version of the drivers
you are trying to install.

I don't think Nick means that you should use it.

You should probably stick with the 64-bit version that you downloaded
from Avermedia's website.

As I read your blog, it is not clear to me which version of Ubuntu you
are using - I see mention of both Jaunty, and Karmic, and I can't find
anything in your posts on the mailing list that details this important
information.

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, you are using the 64-bit
version of Ubuntu 9.04 as your operating system, correct?

If not, you need to make sure that the operating system you are trying
to use matches the architecture of your computer, and that the drivers
you are attempting to use need to match, as well.

- Jim