[mythtv-users] Analog capture cards

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Feb 9 20:57:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> Testing with baseband video input would eliminate the tuners from the
> equation. I think a lot of analog capture devices will be used with STBs or
> sat receivers these days, so baseband performance might be the most important
> factor.

Definitely any comparison of the boards should start with the s-video
input.  And if the performance is found to be comparable with s-video,
at that point you can compare the tuner inputs and see how much of the
loss is a result of the tuner (as opposed to the video decoder and
MPEG encoder).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs