[mythtv-users] Analog capture cards

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Feb 9 20:32:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 February 2010 01:18:50 pm Bob Wiegand wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't mind getting a dual analog/digital card as long as the
>> analog half works well. I tried a HVR-1600 but the analog capture
>> just isn't that good.
>
> Are you able to compare it's analog capture to a PVR? The 1600 has hardware
> MPEG encoding, I'd expect it to be more or less the same as a PVR, or is it
> perhaps a driver issue that might improve with time?

I would be interested in hearing more if people think the 1600's video
quality is worse than the PVR-150.  In particular, if any actual
quantitative data can be provided beyond "it doesn't look as good".

In other words, I'm willing to kill a few cycles looking at the
register programming if someone wants to point to a quantifiable
difference in the output.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs