[mythtv-users] OT: cheap clicker with serial IR receiver

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 07:55:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> says:
>> I have one. I disagree. Its horrid. Functional-ish but without the
>> buttons you really want, and I can never remember where I mapped the
>> useful ones.
>
> I can't make out the layout of the remote--the Website's photos are
> far too small--and am quite happy with my MX-600 RF remote. That said,
> the IR receiver alone would be worth $1.49; think of the remote, no
> matter how good/bad it is, as a free gift.

yeah except as machines like the revo become more prevalent the serial
lirc receiver becomes less useful.

picture is here: http://www.wiresncode.com/projects/packardbell/packardbell.jpg

It was originally designed so the centre pad did mouse movement and
the wings off the side did left/right mouse buttons. It doesn't work
that way in lirc of course.

Should anyone find it useful I can supply my lircd.conf which works
for minimyth's mappings.