[mythtv-users] DTS-HD

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 06:30:36 UTC 2010

On 9 February 2010 16:06, John Baab <rhpot1991 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Is anyone successfully playing any videos with DTS-HD in .22?  If I
> downmix to 2 channel I get sound, but I'd really like to use my
> surround sound.  When using passthrough I don't get any sound on these
> videos.

DTS-HD currently isn't well supported in ffmpeg, as such mythtv
doesn't support it either.

The patch I added a little while ago is used to downconvert 32 bits
audio tracks into 16 bits audio track... It wasn't specifically done
to play DTS-HD, Dolby Digital + etc...

Before myth can play the audio, it first needs to be decoded by ffmpeg.

There is a new ffmpeg sync around the corner, you can check on how
this is going...