[mythtv-users] PCM type noise when HDMI cable is connected

RALPH KEMP 4romany at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 01:00:49 UTC 2010

Just to bring closure to this thread (yeah - makes me quesesy just saying
it):   my friend video card has a DVI interface - but is apprently capable
of carrying sounnd - there is a way to strap (SPDIF?) from the MB to 2 pins
on the card.  I connected the PC to my TV - got the same no sound -
disconnected the DVI cable from PC - analog sound is heard.  Replaced this
card with a different Nvidia - everything worked...

Thanks for the replies - there should be some way of disabling this on the
card - but I'll let my friend pursure that.