[mythtv-users] Followup: eth0 on Acer Revo 1600 doesn't grab an address at boot

Scott Alfter scott at alfter.us
Mon Feb 8 18:49:31 UTC 2010

On 27 Jan 10 12:03, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Scott Alfter<scott at alfter.us>  wrote:
>> Thinking maybe it was something weird with Mythbuntu, I blew that off the
>> system and started installing Gentoo (which is what I normally use for Linux
>> installs).  It, however, is exhibiting the same behavior: eth0 doesn't come
>> up from either a cold start or a reboot.  /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart gets
>> it running, but (again) that has to be issued from the console.
>
> I have that exact setup and have had no issues with network connectivity.
>   Revo 1600, Mythbuntu 9.10, DHCP.  Probably doesn't help you much except to
> know that it is possible for this to work properly.

Did some more experimentation this weekend...after updating to the latest BIOS,
it appears to be running right.  I also had a little bit of trouble getting
analog audio working, but setting the audio output device to ALSA:plughw0,0 (or
whatever...0,3 is the HDMI output, while 0,0 is the analog output) and fixing
the mixer levels got that sorted.

In other news, Bluetooth remotes are half-working...an Apple Wireless Keyboard
works every time once it's powered up, but it sometimes forgets about the
Playstation 3 remote that I'm trying to get working.  The problem with that
one, I think, is that it can't be paired with the computer (the keyboard can be
paired, and is).  Other than that, it appears to work well with the VDPAU slim
profile.  I've tested it with HD MPEG-2 recordings, but have several movies
ripped to HD H.264 that I need to see if it'll handle (it should).

Scott Alfter
scott at alfter.us