[mythtv-users] Only some fonts are too small/unreadable

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 17:29:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 02/08/2010 08:53 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
>>
>> Zitat von Justin Garrison:
>>
>>> I am using Mythbuntu 9.10 and most fonts in MythTV look just fine.
>>> But some popup windows come up with a font so small it looks like
>>> it is just a spec. This is also noticeable if not in MythTV but
>>> only in certain areas. For example, my desktop icon text and menu
>>> look just fine and is perfectly readable but if I open VLC the
>>> toolbar/playlist fonts are completely unreadable. The machine is
>>> plugged into my TV with 720p resolution. I have tried changing my DPI
>>> to something much larger (140+) but
>>> that just changes font size on everything that is already big
>>> enough, and has no affect on the items I cannot read. I am using a
>>> Nvidia 9500GT with proprietary drivers if that helps. Please let me
>>> know if you have a tip on fixing this font size
>>> issue.
>>
>> I had *exactly* the same issue, also with an nvidia card with
>> proprietary drivers, and for me it was solved with setting the dpi.
>> Mine is set to "100x100".
>
> Those would be the non-themed (Qt) popups in Myth.  They'll eventually
> disappear when the mythui port is complete, but until then, DPI will
> affect the size of the fonts seen in those areas.
>
> Mike

I tried to review the MythUi port ticket in trac -
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12 looking for stuff I could help
out with since I've starting learning QT and the MythUi classes - but
the last message seemed to indicate that "Viewscheddiff remains the
only unported main screen" - I mistook that to mean there was little
left to do.

Can you suggest how I can go about determining who's wokring on what
and how to get more involved in this effort?

-JohnnyJboss