[mythtv-users] blunt

Jim Beckett beckett.jim at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 06:40:33 UTC 2010

Jim Beckett wrote:
> sharifah ummu kulthum wrote:
>> its atsc. i'm using pvr. dunno the difference though. it says
>> sumwhere that it needs firmware. i have installed a firmware and you
>> can refer here
>> <http://our-mythtv.blogspot.com/2010/02/kernel-patch-to-device-detected.html>.
>> its my blog, created for the purpose of this project.
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 12:11 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com
>> <mailto:drescherjm at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 10:56 PM, sharifah ummu kulthum
>>     <kulthum91 at gmail.com <mailto:kulthum91 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>     > i am using kworld usb 303u. what do you mean by the card has to
>>     be tuned to
>>     > something via suitable software first?
>>     >
>>     This page says the device is not supported:
>>
>>     http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/KWorld_ATSC_330U
>>
>>     however it may just be an old listing.
>>
>>     John

> If the card you are trying to get to work is actually the 303U card
> you show on your blog, the information I see here says it's an ANALOG
> card, not ATSC:
>
> http://www.kworld-global.com/main/prod_in.aspx?mnuid=1248&modid=6&prodid=22
>
> If you are trying to receive digital television, this will not work
> without a converter box.
>
> - Jim
Replying to note that after looking at Ummu's blog, it appears that he
is not trying for digital television, as the K-World 303U Analog device
apparently did work under windows, and was just a bit blurry.

However, I am not having any luck finding any firmware that will work
for the 303U USB stick in Linux.

If it were me, I'd what I could do to locate a different card that is
supported by MythTV.

- Jim