[mythtv-users] Calling all Acer Revo AR1600-U910H users

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 02:18:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 6:21 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking to buy the Acer Revo AR1600-U910H (well since I have a
> gift card from newegg this will cost me $100). I have seen a few
> threads in the past so I know there are users out there.  I am
> wondering after using this for a few months how well has it been?
> Would you but it again given the choice?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> John M. Drescher

I love mine (using it as a standalone frontend) and I wouldn't hesitate to
get another if I needed a second frontend.  The size of a Wii, quiet,
stylish, inexpensive, everything included.  I had zero problems getting
mythbuntu 9.10 running on it.   It has no problems playing files recorded
from both the HDHomerun and the HD-PVR on the backend.  I'm using the
VDPAU-Slim playback profile on it.  I've been running it for between one and
two months now.  For me anyway, it's a perfect frontend.

-Jerry