[mythtv-users] Channel icon path

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 00:13:49 UTC 2010

On 7 February 2010 22:24, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
> So I have a remote frontend and when I bring up the guide I guess its
> trying to get the channel icons from /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels. This
> is the path on the /backend/ where the grabber puts them.
>
> How do these icons get to the /frontend/? Am I supposed to NFS mount the
> 'channels' directory back onto the backend for these icon files?

Correct, or keep a local copy of the icons on the remote frontend with
the same path.

> Does the MythProtocol transfer them and use the local 'channels' directory
> as a cache? Do I copy the files from the backend every other Tuesday?

As yet, icons are not transferred internally using the Myth protocol.

If your icons are frequently changing or new channels are regularly
being added, you could add a sync script on the frontend to update the
icons every so often. If you mount the BE icons directory, this step
would not be required.

Cheers,
Nick

--