[mythtv-users] Jump to time and mute

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 19:45:13 UTC 2010

On 7 February 2010 18:06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 02/07/2010 12:29 PM, Rafael Moslin wrote:

> >> That's a real shame. Jolly useful IMO. I guess I need to submit a
> >> bug report, or even get reading the source ...

> >> I've got "Use internal volume controls" selected in the Audio Mixer
> >> pane - is that the one?
> >
> > I suppose you're right about it being a bug Ian as it does still
> > state it as expected behavior in the official documentation at
> > http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1 and a quick
> > peruse of open Trac tickets doesn't show it as having already been
> > reported.
>

> There is no bug.  It works fine (in 0.22-fixes and trunk).  Please
> explain what exactly you're hitting and I'll explain what you're doing
> wrong.
>

> > That is what I meant but it seems you already have it checked, mute
> > (or volume) does not work on my setup but that's because I have my
> > sound set to pass through as I use an external decoder so I don't
> > expect it to do so. I'll be surprised if this has not come up
> > previously so maybe a quick search on Gossamer
> > <http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/>might shed some
> > more light for you. I'm sorry that I have not been of any real help
> > but it is hard without knowing your exact setup.
>
> That's likely the issue.
>
> Mike

Though I'm not the OP here are my steps so you can tell me what I'm also
doing wrong

According to the docs during playback "Type a number to enter a channel
number or jump amount (HHMM format)" and though it is not explicitly stated
I'm making the not overly rash assumption that channel changing will occur
when watching live TV and jumping to time with recordings. When playing back
a recording that is 00:39 long and I type "0015" nothing happens, playback
does not jump to 00:15 as suggested.